Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Lip Rebuilt and Ramblings



















Last Saturday saw the last lip at the trails that needed rebuilt, finally getting rebuilt. When it was originally built 2 Falls ago, it was sort of formed up and just ridden in. It got a major face lift, finally look proper and is ready to hit to the right hip. Transfer left I would wait a while.

















Brad and I have decided to stop the mass digging (unless it is raining) and focus on dialing everything in. We have focused the last 2 years on getting a lot of new stuff built, because we thought more local riders would be interested and would come ride and help dig. Hasn't really happened. Brad and I are doing 90% of the work and a couple of others help here and there. Might as well make what is good alot better and smoother and ride more, because the trails are definitely not getting ridden enough. No point in killing ourselves making a ton of stuff if no one is going to come and ride it unless the weather has been perfect for a week. I'm sick of the the excuses. The trails are too wet, I don't have brakes, that set is too hard, I'm too busy. Put knobbies and brakes on your bike and get to the trails and work on that set to make it more effortless. I hate the I'm too busy excuse. My normal work week is 60+ hours, still get the family stuff in and I'm at the trails 3 to 4 days a week and digging 80% of the time. Brad is almost as busy and he is there 5 to 7 days a week. I don't know how I started ranting, but I hopefully made my point and I'm done.

On Sunday some real trail riders showed up with knobbies on. P'Simer and Keltner finally made it out from Cleveland to find an overcast, muggy day and wet trails about an hour before they got there. They didn't complain about the wetness. We un-tarped and the 4 of us spent a couple of hours getting them ready to ride and they got a great day of riding in with threating skys the whole time. I was hurting with my wisdom teeth killing me and my body beat from that last 4 days of riding and digging so I enjoyed watching the trail bosses ride. Always fun to chill with the Cleveland guys, see them rip even with the damp conditions and enjoy what we have built.

We are starting to get a lot of requests from out-of-town riders to stop in and ride. Very cool. Always open doors for fellow trail diggers and riders. A Pittsburgh crew is supposed to be coming up Thursday for a session. Should be fun. I don't know who really reads the blog yet, but if you are heading thru the area this summer and would like to stop in, email me at work joe.glotz@warrenindustrialsolutions.com and we will set something up. Remember the JAM is still on for June 26th with the rain date for June 27th. It looks like the Heathens are having a JAM the same weekend. Guess we will have to miss this one, but support PA dirt anyway you can. http://www.theheathens.blogspot.com/

No comments: