Friday, August 20, 2010

Brad is a beast



What the?













Head tube view.













Top & Down tube view













We all know Brad's a beast. I beat him to the trails and he was riding towards the chill zone and when he rounded the corner his bike looked pretty weird. His rear triangle was atleast 20 degrees bent to the side compared to the head tube. Riding in he thought his cranks were bent. Once we noticed the sliver of metal keeping the bike together, one more twist of the handle bars and it snapped. He is probably lucky he did not die last night riding, because it was definitely broke by the end of Thursday night's session. It was sort off funny, because he checks his frame weekly for cracks. He has wondered since day one how much abuse a 4.75 # frame could take. I would say Brad never abused the frame like I have seen some people do, but he rode the hell out of it. Its also why I run a 6# frame considering I'm twice the weight of most kids now a days.

Hopefully he can get his new frame next week, because the Welcome Jam at Potoczny's is next Saturday. The jam the last 2 years has been a great day of riding, chilling, bbq-ing and what bmx should be about. Check out the info at http://roundtwobmx.com/r2wp/

Check out the new link for the Penn State Trails. I remember going there for the first time in 1995 / 1996 when I was attending PSU and not believing what I saw. Unfortunately, I was into MTB-ing at the time and just thinking about getting back into BMX. I was helping my brother build dirt jumps when I would visit home and it definitely influenced me. The PSU trails have been great some years to horrible others. Looks like they are back on the rise. Awesome.

No comments: